Job Number 19000TF3
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach| Singapore| Singapore
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Responsible for bar daily shift operations and supervision of staff. Position
assists with promoting the lounge| menu planning| maintains standards| assists
servers on the floor during peak periods and manages property liquor
inventories and controls. Strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction
while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable for enforcing all legal
obligations professionally and consistently. Determines training needed to
accomplish goals| then implements plan. Strengthens the food and
beverage/culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Bar/Lounge Operations
• Implements agreed upon beverage policy and procedures throughout the
• Manages in compliance with all local| state and Federal beverage and liquor
• Understands beverage control including days on hand| perpetual inventory|
bar pars| portion control| costs controls| beverage potentials| mix of sales
analysis for beverage| issue & returns| food standards| and period end
• Monitors adherence to all liquor control policies and procedures.
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings as needed to understand group
• Comprehends budgets| operating statements and payroll progress reports as
needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Participates in the management of department|s controllable expenses to
achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Ensures compliance with all Bar/Lounge policies| standards and procedures.
• Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
• Manages inventories according to budget and business levels.
• Assists with developing menus and promotions as necessary.
Leading Bar/Lounge Team
• Trains staff on liquor control policies and procedures.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs
and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Communicates critical information to the Bar/Lounge staff regarding each
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides excellent customer service.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Responds effectively to guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Provides feedback to individuals in an effort to improve service
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Managing Human Resource Activities
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the
appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action