Job Number 19000BN7
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location W Singapore – Sentosa Cove| Singapore| Singapore
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury| W turns the traditional notion of
the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for
excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a
life less ordinary that drives them to demand more| experience it all| and hit
We share our guests’ passions| providing insider access to what’s new and
what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for
life demands more| not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a
mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene
that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world| then we invite you
to explore a career with W Hotels.
Functions as the business leader of the property’s Catering Sales Department
and manages the property|s reactive and proactive catering sales efforts.
Shares responsibility for achieving revenue goals| guest and associate
satisfaction and the financial performance of the department. Implements the
brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of
the sales process. Provides day to day leadership to a team of on-property
catering sales associates. Partners with key stakeholders within Area Sales to
receive warms leads for more in-depth qualification of the business for the
property. Partners with Event Management and hotel operations to sell products
and services that the hotel has the ability to successfully execute. Verifies
a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while
consistently delivering a high level of service. Maintains accountability for
verifying that the team maximizes revenue opportunities by up-selling and
accurately forecasting (e.g.| catering and group rooms) for all events.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 4 years
experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Marketing| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and
marketing or related professional area.
• 4 year college degree.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Manages the catering sales efforts for the hotel including local and
• Solicits/books local catering business and develops group business.
• Develops and manages catering sales revenue and operation budgets| and
provides forecasting reports.
• Works with the management team to create and implement a catering
sales/marketing plan addressing revenue| customers and market.
• Develops menus that drive sales.
• Assists with selling| implementation and follow-through of catering
• Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.|
generating proposal| writing contract| customer correspondence).
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand (e.g.||
Marriott Hotels & Resorts (MHR) Spirit to Serve Daily Basics| Renaissance
Hotels and Resorts (RHR) Savvy Service Basics| Courtyard| SpringHill Suites|
Fairfield Inn Basics of the Day| Residence Inn Daily Huddle| or TownePlace
Suites Morning Meeting).
• Coordinates and deploys catering sales resources on-property to establish
pull-through and sustainment of catering sales strategies and selling
solutions. Develops a close working relationship with operations to execute
strategies at the hotel level.
• Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to
operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of
the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property
leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues| controlling
expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott
• Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in
all aspects of the sales process.
• Performs other duties| as assigned| to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Interacts effectively with guests/clients| sales and kitchen| vendors|
competitors| local community| catering associations and other hotel
departments in order to monitor guest satisfaction.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and
loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before and
during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the
appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their
expectations| while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
• Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service
expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business| business
issues and concerns| to offer better business solution both prior to| and
during the program/event.
• Partners with key stakeholders within Area Sales to receive warms leads for
more in-depth qualification of the business for the property.
• Partners with Event Management and hotel operations to sell products and
services that the hotel has the ability to successfully execute.
• Manages and directs the on-property catering sales managers to achieve hotel
revenue goals by proactively targeting current and new high value accounts in
the market and implementing effective catering sales deployment strategies to
grow market share.
• Partners with Human Resources (HR) to attract| develop and retain the right
people in order to support the strategic priorities of the market.
• Creates effective structures| processes| jobs and performance management
systems are in place.
• Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the Leadership
Performance Process (LPP)| align performance and rewards| addresses
performance issues and holds staff accountable for successful results.
• Forecasts talent needs and manages talent acquisition strategy with HR to
minimize lost time due to turnover.
• Keeps an active list of the competition’s best sales people and executes a
recruitment and acquisition plan with HR.
• Supports tools and training resources to educate sales associates on winning
• Champions leadership development and workforce planning priorities by
assessing| selecting| retaining and developing diverse| high-caliber talent
that can lead the organization today and strengthen the leadership bench for
the future; continues to upgrade the sales & marketing talent; works with HR
to anticipate future talent needs based on business growth plans.
• Identifies| trains and mentors catering sales associates.
• Transfers functional knowledge and develop catering sales skills of other
• Shares responsibility for achieving revenue goals| guest and associate
satisfaction and the financial performance of the department.
• Provides day to day leadership to a team of on-property catering sales