Job Number 190005IB
Job Category Spa
Location JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach| Singapore| Singapore
VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Position has responsibility for supervising and coordinating activities of
employees delivering spa services| including salon| skin care| program
coordination| reservations| reception desk| massage and locker room areas.
Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction and achieving the
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Spa Operations and Budgets
• Assumes the responsibilities of the Spa Director in his/her absence.
• Ensures all employees have the proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
• Comprehends budgets| operating statements and payroll progress reports as
needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Manages supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
• Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property
financial goals and objectives and managing to achieve or exceed budgeted
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focusing
on continuous improvement.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizing an “open door” policy and reviewing
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources
• Observes service behaviors of employees and providing feedback to
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Supports a Spa orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate
new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Supervises on-going training initiatives and conducting training when
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and ensuring employees do the same within the team.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently|
disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard
and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review
• Assists the Spa Director in managing the day-to-day operations of the spa as