Manager, Performance Marketing
Job Number R702172_48
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
This role will manage Performance Marketing activities including Pay for Performance Programs across South East Asia and Korea. The position will deliver incremental demand and profit to the company through direct channels (Web, Mobile, Voice) as well as support and strengthen our brand positioning. The role will develop and present long-term digital marketing strategies and plans to market the Company’s brands with assigned Internet affiliates, including advertising to Business to Consumer sites, online search engines, meta-search sites & affiliate networks.
Your day to day
Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage Performance Marketing programs (search engine marketing, affiliate marketing, meta
search and other online advertising), including strategic and tactical planning & execution.
• Establish a performance marketing road map for all agreed-upon goals and tactics measure self on
milestones and completion & performance of activities
• Oversee the establishment and maintenance of relationships through online advertising channels.
analyse and implement possible new revenue streams and distribution opportunities with B2C and
B2B sites which support interactive business strategies and tactics. Investigate, negotiate, implement and manage direct distribution agreements and marketing alliances for online sites.
• Manage ROI and cost of sale metrics for all performance based marketing. Analyse returns to ensure
that revenue requirements are being met while staying within the budget. Keep direct line manager
informed of any major issues or significant changes in metrics performance
• Manage Global Campaigns; reviewing and placing media placements to ensure brands and regions
are getting adequate exposure, while maintaining an effective ROI for the Pay for Performance
• Work as a team with other Marketing Shared Services teams to ensure campaigns are being
represented in all channels globally.
• Investigate the marketing benefit of various partnership programs with travel portals, current
strategic partners and other applicable companies.
• Proactively search for possible ways to assist in driving demand to Internet websites and maintain
regular communications with the Brands, Loyalty and Business Units Marketing teams on current
strategic and tactical initiatives.
• Work with other Marketing Shared Services functions including Omni Channel, Campaigns & Field
Marketing. Provide them with the necessary avenues to support their activities & campaigns.
• Serve as the SEAK paid media marketing thought leader supporting central Marketing functions and
Business Units regional tactical initiatives.
• Keep up to speed with online advertising industry trends and provide thought-leadership to other
teams within and outside of Marketing Shared Services
• Be the brand custodian in the region for all online marketing material displayed and maintains a
Brandhearted approach to all areas of the business.
• Liaise with global Performance Marketing team to ensure awareness of marketing programs and
interactive initiatives. Identify opportunities for synergy or unique regional opportunities and jointly
implement strategies and tactics to address these with the regional teams.
What we need from you
Ideally, you’ll have a recognized degree with 6-8 years progressive work-related experience. 5 years in internet business or similar business function with a focus on sales, business development or marketing and/or significant complex project related to interactive or similar brand/channels in the travel industry.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
– Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing marketing projects from conception through implementation.
– Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
– Demonstrated proficiency in business software products such as Excel, Microsoft Access, Word,PowerPoint.
– Demonstrated strong knowledge of Internet systems, marketing programs, and affiliate networks.
– Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships with marketing affiliates, regional teams, franchisees and hotel owners.
– Demonstrated analytical skills and research abilities.
– Demonstrated ability to use the results of investigation and analysis to make effective strategic decisions.
– Demonstrated presentation building, strategic planning and presenting skills.