Requisition ID: 1805678813W
Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices and diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world’s most pressing health issues.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will be responsible for maximizing company product value through high scientific quality communication with Leading Specialists on a peer-to-peer basis. Through activities in line with the Medical Affairs Plan, the MSL is jointly responsible for the realization of short-term and long-term company goals. MSLs are expected to be a therapeutic area scientific expert, responsible for discussing our products, patients’ treatment trends and studies in the therapeutic areas in which we are involved, on a peer-to-peer basis with defined audience of Leading Specialists (Physicians, Pharmacists, Hospital Managers, Board Members of Scientific Societies, and other stakeholders) and to be considered a trusted scientific counterpart
This position reports to the Medical Affairs Director.
• Keep abreast of the medical and scientific knowledge. Continuously update the knowledge of assigned products, patient’s treatment trends and clinical activities and studies conducted within the therapeutic area.
• Develop and maintain a contact network with Leading Specialists.
• Communicate value of company products, incl. formulary discussion.
• Represent the company within therapeutic area professional associations in cooperation with Medical Director.
• Communicate proactively and reactively of medical scientific data to Leading Specialists and broader external health-care related audiences.
• Organize and participate in Medical Education activities.
• Organize and participate in Advisory Boards in cooperation with Medical Director.
• Provide scientific support to company Sales Representatives.
• Provide medical and product training and scientific support to Sales Representatives.
• Act as a reference point to Sales Representatives for any scientific query.
• Support Medical Affairs study execution.
• Serve as a liaison for healthcare providers who express interest in conducting investigator-initiated research, to facilitate review and consideration of research proposals.
• Through scientific interactions, gain valuable insights into treatment patterns, and scientific activities in the therapeutic area and provide input to the company Medical Affairs Plan/business decision-making.
• Respond to unsolicited requests for information on assigned products.
– Medical or science background (pharmacy, life-science/biotechnology)
– PhD or Medical Doctor qualifications are preferred.
– At least 2 years corporate working experience within the medical, research or pharmaceutical industry.
– Good team-player with strong interdependent collaboration partnership.
– Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
– Demonstrate strong planning, organizational and decision making skills.
– Results oriented with high sense of urgency.
– Highly customer focused with an awareness of the importance of business results.
– Innovative with the ability to coordinate and drive a complex and changing environment.
This position will be based in Singapore. No relocation support will be provided.