Job Description – Duty Manager- Front Office (RTP00794)Employee Status:
Duty Manager- Front Office
This position focuses on customer service and builds partnerships with other departments to ensure that guests` needs are attended to promptly. To respond to situations and activities at the Front Desks- Lobby any another other hotel premises that requires attention and all emergencies. Leading the Front Office team through organizational changes and providing support and manage the Front Desk operations and hotel room inventory
Hotel Overview: Strategically located in the heart of Singapore`s shopping- dining and entertainment districts and with the City Hall and Esplanade Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) train stations and other major transportation nodes at its doorstep- Fairmont Singapore and Swissôtel The Stamford are the gateway to explore Singapore`s landscapes at your convenience. With a total of 2-028 well-appointed guestrooms- both hotels offer a distinct collection of 15 lifestyle and dining choices including Michelin-starred fine dining restaurant JAAN- cutting-edge meeting space at Raffles City Convention Centre and one of Asia`s largest spas- Willow Stream Spa.Fairmont Singapore is ideally situated at the crossroads of Singapore|s business- cultural- entertainment and shopping districts. It offers 769 luxurious guestrooms and suites- a collection of 16 distinctive restaurants and bars and 70-000 square feet of prime meeting space – all supported by our Singapore hotel|s award-winning service teams
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Front Office Operations- responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure the safety- security and loss control policies and procedures are compiled within the hotel
• Provide direction and leadership to the HEAT (Hotel Emergency and Action Team) and if needed- calls for the evacuation of people and staff from areas affected by fire- flood- bomb threats or civil disturbance
• Maintain visible image of management at all times.
• Assist employees and guests by handling guest feedback- both written and verbal and include investigations into guest complaints.
• Ensure documentation of all guest related issues using FCS log
• Meet- greet and room VIPs and making courtesy calls to guest
• Conduct daily briefings presenting business issues- hotel information and coach and train colleagues on guest handling skills
• Conduct investigations when Front Desk colleagues are unable to balance their cashiering ledger and/or cash float
• Coach and train colleagues and carry out disciplinary actions when necessary.
• Attend scheduled meetings- departmental and interdepartmental meetings.
• Co-ordinate full house activities- handle pledge relocations of guests.
• Control hotel room inventory and manage room availability for check in.
• Ensure procedures of On-Call Valet desks and driveways are manned at all times and operate efficiently.
• Queue management
• Complete any collateral assignment
• Minimum Diploma in related field or University degree• Minimum 3 years of Hotel Front Office experience• Sound Computer Knowledge- i.e. well versed with windows- internet explorer and word- either POS or PMS system• Knowledge of Opera would be of advantage• Good guest interaction skills• Good listening skills• Sound decision making• Good interpersonal and communication skills• Leadership /People management