Job Number 18001OGN
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore
Functions as the leader of the property’s group sales effort for properties with a Director of Hotel Sales. Manages the property’s leisure group sales efforts. Shares responsibility for achieving group revenue goals, guest and associate satisfaction. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process. Provides day-to-day leadership oversight to the on-property group sales associates with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the property’s sales objectives. Maintains ultimate accountability for verifying that the team maximizes group revenue opportunities by up-selling and accurately forecasting revenues (e.g., group rooms) for all events.
Education and Experience
Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major with at least 6 years’ relevant working experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Functions as the leader of the property’s group sales effort in support of the Director of Hotel Sales.
• Solicits, books and develops local group business.
• Recommends booking goals for sales team members.
• Develops and manages group sales revenue and operation budgets, and provides forecasting reports.
• Works with management team to create and implement a group sales/marketing plan addressing revenue, customers and market.
• Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of group sales promotions.
• Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand (e.g.,, Marriott Hotels and Resorts (MHR) Spirit to Serve Daily Basics, Renaissance Hotels and Resorts (RHR) Savvy Service Basics, Courtyard, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn Basics of the Day, Residence Inn Daily Huddle, or TownePlace Suites Morning Meeting).
• Coordinates and deploys group sales resources on-property to monitor the pull-through and sustainment of sales strategies and selling solutions.
• Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
• Manages the property’s reactive and proactive group sales efforts.
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International.
• Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process.
• Maintains ultimate accountability for verifying that the team maximizes group revenue opportunities by up-selling and accurately forecasting revenues (e.g., catering and group rooms) for all events.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.