Start Your Journey With Us
At Le Meridien| we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and
engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and
creative| cosmopolitan| culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated|
timeless service. We provide original| chic and memorable service and
experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for
curious| creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate
connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected
experiences| we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Meridien.
Assists with identifying and addressing employee and organizational
development needs. The position is assist in ensuring effective training is in
place to enable the achievement of desired business results. Training programs
focus on a variety of topics| including product knowledge| company philosophy|
and customer service and leadership skills. Assists in conducting needs
assessments| designing and developing training programs and facilitating the
delivery of both custom and corporate training programs. Measures the
effectiveness of training to ensure a return on investment.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major;
1 year experience in the human resources or related professional area;
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Human Resources| Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; certified
trainer; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting with Administering Employee Training Programs
• Promotes and informs employees about all training programs.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality| exemplifies excellent customer
service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Helps employees identify specific behaviors that will contribute to service
• Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest
• Uses effective training methods to ensure employees have a good
understanding of guest satisfaction and can demonstrate guest satisfaction
• Meets with training cadre on a regular basis to support training efforts.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals
Assisting with Evaluating Training Programs Effectiveness
• Monitors enrollment and attendance at training classes.
• Meets regularly with participants to assess progress and address concerns.
• Partners with operational leaders to assess if employees demonstrate
effective technical and leadership skills.
• Reviews comment cards| guest satisfaction results and other data to identify
areas of improvement.
• Measures transfer of learning from training courses to the operation.
• Ensures adult learning principles are incorporated into training programs.
Assisting with Developing Training Program Plans and Budgets
• Identifies performance gaps and works with managers to develop and implement
appropriate training to improve performance.
• Assists with making any necessary adjustments to training methodology and/or
re-trains as appropriate.
• Aligns current training and development programs to effectively impact key
• Assists with establishing guidelines so employees understand expectations
• Develops specific training to improve service performance.
• Drives brand values and philosophy in all training and development
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with
a focus on continuous improvement.
Assisting with Managing Training Budgets
• Assists with the development of the Training budget as required.
• Assists with managing budget in alignment with Human Resources and property
• Assists with managing department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed
• Utilizes P-card if appropriate to control and monitor departmental