An Assistant Pastry Chef with Conrad Hotels and Resorts will work closely with the Executive Pastry Chef to manage the pastry section of the kitchen, food production, and an exception culinary experience for Guests.
An Assistant Pastry Chef with Conrad Hotels and Resorts is responsible for assisting the Pastry Chef in the direction and coordination of all food preparation functions carried out in the Pastry Kitchen. Specifically, the Assistant Pastry Chef will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
– Supervises through the junior staff the production and quality of all food prepared in the Pastry Kitchen
– Ensure that the highest quality of good is produced and served, and maintaining a tight control on the food cost, quality standards and procedures.
– Coordinates production of mis-en place and checks quality of finished products
– Control of food transfers and food requisition in his assigned department.
Assist in coordinating working schedule for Kitchen personnel, ensures day off, vacation are taken with the aid of the Pastry Chef. Follow up on vacation control list with the Executive Chef’s secretary.
– Continues to improve kitchen operation through introduction of new ideas,
creative set-ups and displays.
– Reports on safety and repair of all kitchen equipment
– Control that there is no waste of products and leftover are used effectively.
– Assisting in checking of and reviewing all set-ups concerning Pastry in mis-en
place for a la carte desserts on quality and quantity
– To attend MDP Hilton worldwide Training program
– To attend Hygiene officer to become certified training organized by Hotel
– To create modern and elegant buffet display and elaborate new pastry
products for our Terrace
– Menu creation providing training accordingly and implementation
– To stay updated about new pastry decoration technics and equipment’s to be
able to propose solutions to be more effective and productive.
– Able to plan Duty roster AL and PH Planning and to key In update E-Leave
– To learn and take Full knowledge of SCM market list ordering , recipe card and
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Pastry Chef serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
– A minimum of 2 years as an Assistant Pastry Chef with excellent
recommendation from Pastry Chef or Executive Chef -Must have experience
with high volume food and quality production
– Good personality and Team-player who can also think out-of the box
– Excellent planning and organizing skills
– Ability multi-task and meet deadlines
– Strong supervisory skills
– To be able to run pre-shift briefing and meeting with clear direction and
motivate T-Member to accomplish Goals
– A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification (proof may be required)
– A creative approach to the production of food
– A passion for producing high quality food
– Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word,
Excel and Outlook, a MUST
– Able to work Artistic Chocolate and Sugar Showpiece and plated Dessert
– Problem solving by recognizing challenges and to suggest constructive
solution and put them into action.