Job Number 18002428
Job Category Event Management
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore,
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in the physical set up of the function rooms (e.g., tables, chairs, dance floors, podiums, etc.) and executing events based on requirements and standards. Develops and directs team to provide consistent, high quality service. Communicates expected performance and trains staff in processes. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Participating in and Leading Catering Teams
• Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Understands how to manage in a culturally diverse work environment.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Demonstrates personal integrity, manages time well, and is highly visible in areas of responsibility.
• Builds a positive work environment by demonstrating self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
Supporting the Management of Catering Operations
• Interacts with other catering employees, customers and guests, vendors and suppliers.
• Demonstrates knowledge of all departments within the property.
• Communicates group needs to various departments within the property.
• Prompts handling of all inquiries within market and parameters.
• Creates written and verbal presentations effectively.