Commis 1 (Ellenborough Market Cafe Kitchen)
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Swissotel Merchant Court
Employee Status: Regular
“Quality in Life”
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Swissôtel Merchant Court, Singapore is a luxury hotel ideally located close to entertainment and dining hotspots such as Clarke Quay, Boat Quay and Chinatown. The close proximity of the MRT to the hotel makes Orchard Road, Raffles City, all major tourist attractions and the financial hub at Raffles Place, within easy reach.
The 476 guest rooms and suites cater to the needs of the most discerning travellers. The Swiss Executive floors offer luxurious rooms and suites and the Swiss Executive Lounge provides additional luxury and exclusivity. Facilities includes an idyllic pool area with water-slides, an outdoor Jacuzzi, two award-winning restaurants and one lobby bar, a 24 hours Fitness Centre, Pürovel Spa & Sport, a column-less ballroom and seven function rooms.
We invite you to be part of the dynamic team!
Summary of Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities and tasks of this position are as listed below, but not limited to these:
• To consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues
• To prepare and service all food items for a la carte andor buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
• To actively share ideas, opinions & suggestions in daily shift briefings
• To maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
• To ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate
• To have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
• To ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
• To follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
• To follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
• Other duties as assigned
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
• Previous experience in the culinary field required
• Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent an asset
• DiplomaCertification in a Culinary discipline an asset
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
If you are interested in embarking on a challenging career with us, we invite you to submit your resume to by clicking “Apply Online”.
Swissôtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 14.Jul.2018, 4:59:00 PM
Job Number: SMC00517