Job ID: 5876
The HR Business Partner is responsible for all core operational HR processes in Singapore, Indonesia, Australia and Middle East. Depending on business requirements, the support may expand to other countries within Asia. This role involves ensuring that robust, commercially savvy and customer centric HR processes spanning the full employee life cycle (such as recruitment, onboarding, payroll, exits, reporting) are in place, and engaging key stakeholders to ensure that processes run smoothly. Other than HR team members, managers and employees, a key stakeholder for this role is the offshore HR team in HRSS, Mumbai. The incumbent would need to acquire strong knowledge for key HR systems and leverage them for efficiency quickly (Workday, Trafihire and LinkedIn).
Compensation and Benefits
– Ensure that all onshore processes impacting payroll and benefits are optimized for efficiency.
– Engage the offshore HRSS team in Mumbai to ensure smooth support and running of payroll (and HR) processes especially year- end tax and SRS payment processes.
– Administer and review annual salary mapping and provision of benefits.
– Have a good knowledge of and keep abreast of all statutory requirements impacting pay and benefits in Singapore, Indonesia and Australia.
Recruitment / Relocation
– Have a thorough knowledge of internal recruitment tools (Trafihire, LinkedIn) and leverage these tools for direct recruitment.
– Partner with relocation service provider and manage relocations professionally.
– Initiate on-boarding process by scanning contracts and relevant documents to HRSS Mumbai.
– Facilitate HR induction for new hires and relocatees.
– Have a good knowledge of and keep abreast of all statutory requirements impacting employment immigration in Singapore, Indonesia and Australia.
– Keep abreast and ensure compliance of skills sponsoring status requirements for Australia.
Performance and Organizational Development
– Work with HRSS Mumbai team to ensure that all compulsory employee development activities (e.g. Induction, compliance training) are completed.
– Be responsible for planning and organizing employee training such as People Management & Leadership workshops, other in-house training and monthly Audience With sessions.
– Conduct training needs analysis with managers and plan for demand in partnership with Global Learning & Development team.
– Ensure that performance goals, mid-year and year end reviews are tracked and completed by managers and employees.
– Have a good knowledge of Trafigura’s performance, learning systems (Workday Performance & MyLearning modules) and processes, coach users as necessary and leverage for efficiency.
– Leverage recruitment tools for proactive talent identification for succession planning of business critical roles.
Systems, Reporting and Other Processes
– Have a thorough knowledge of Workday and leverage it for more efficient HR processes and reporting.
– Assist with regular reporting such as internal quarterly headcount report and statutory reporting such as MOM surveys.
– Ensure that HR handbooks and key HR updates are continually updated on company intranet.
– Create and maintain hardcopy P files and other HR files; archiving old files.
– Manage invoices from vendors (e.g. search firms, relocation, rental payment for service apartments, medical insurance, group life insurance) i.e. check and send for processing.
– Continually ensure that HR processes are optimized for efficiency and risks minimized for the business.
HR Business Partnership
– Work with Regional HR Manager to address and resolve manager and employees’ queries and issues.
– Be a key contact point for all HR related queries for locally based employees (by business/ portfolio).
– Conduct pulse survey meetings with all new hires and address any issues that emerge.
– Conduct exit interviews with all resignation cases and review the themes periodically.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
– University degree, preferably in a related field.
– Minimum 5-7 years of experience in similar positions or relevant role.
– Strong knowledge and understanding of HR operating environment, including payroll, policies, procedures, insurance regulations, employment local law, planning and budgeting, reporting and analysis.
– Microsoft Office knowledge with strong skills in Excel is required.
– Technology savvy.
– Experience demonstrating skill performing basic analytical tasks (e.g., reconciling data, ensuring accuracy of data); maintaining numerous electronic and paper files; using basic office equipment.
– Good verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. High learning agility.
– Capable of working with diverse groups as well as independently.
– Able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
– Able to multi-task and work under pressure.
Vendors (e.g. payroll, relocation, insurance brokers, employment lawyer, tax advisors)
Regulatory bodies (e.g. Manpower ministry, tax authorities)
Search partners and agencies
Global HR team
Managers, employees in Singapore, Australia, Indonesia & Middle East
Offshore HR team (HRSS Mumbai)
Various internal departments as applicable (Cost Management, IT, Admin)