Infrastructure, Programme Management
Faithful Gould is a world leading integrated project and program management consultancy. We build long-term partnerships with our clients because we are trusted to outperform.
With a turnover in excess of HKD 3 Billion, Faithful Gould is staffed by over 2,500 experienced and passionate professionals across our offices in Asia Pacific, the United Kingdom and Europe, the Middle East and the Americas.
We protect and maximize our clients’ interests through intellect, innovation, positive thinking and problem solving. Our integrated approach transforms potential into reality such that we shape the future of infrastructure and property developments and the societies in which we work.
Working with our clients and partners, we believe that the scale of what we can accomplish together is greater than anyone can imagine.
Faithful Gould is a part of the Atkins Group (www.atkinsglobal.com) which is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins employs over 18,000 professionals globally and is publicly listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Faithful Gould is currently looking for an experienced Senior Commercial Manager to join our Hong Kong team.
Role & Responsibilities
As the Infrastructure Superintending Officer you will be responsible to provide superintendence for assigned contract packages required for the Singapore F1 Grand Prix project. Your duties will include but not be limited to:
• Studying, understanding and managing each assigned contract package
• Holding and minuting a start up meeting covering contractor obligations for performance bonds, safe work practices, work method statement, schedules, etc
• Holding minuting weekly meeting with contractor to review status, work schedules and publishing the minutes within 24 hours
• Reviewing work method statements with HSE staff and ensuring that these methods meet all safety regulations
• Monitoring daily the work activities of the contractor making sure that daily tool box meetings are held, published work methods and schedules are followed, safe work practices are rigorously enforced and contractors provide proper supervision
• Preparing and filing one HSE report daily
• Reviewing and recommending staff levels for accreditation purposes to support the standby requirements of the contractor
• Issuing work instructions as required
• Preparing and reviewing variation orders as required based on change requirements identified
• Carrying out assigned Standby Team and Engineering Service Desk (ESD) duties during the event
• Ensuring that dismantling, demobilization and close out activities are completed as schedule including the reconciliation of the all invoices, the receipt of as built drawings and inventory lists, holding and minuting a final contractor debrief meeting, the completion of contractor performance evaluations, the issuing of substantial completion certificates
• Attending and supporting all project meetings as required
• Learning and following the Faithful+Gould BMS (Business Management Systems) processes and procedures
• Performing miscellaneous ad hoc duties as required by the Structures and Infrastructures Manager
Liaise with other Superintending Officers to coordinate the activities of add-on contractors such as Cyclect for power, BT Sports for fencing, etc. (which are managed under different packages) to ensure the facilities are being put as per approved plan and schedule.
Monitor the work progress closely and ensuring prompt delivery of the material, installation schedule and the final testing & commissioning as per the construction programme.
Prior to the takeover of the facilities, you are required to have a joint inspection with the respective contractors and generate the defects list to the contractor. You are to ensure that the defects are fully rectified before taking over the said facilities.
Monitoring work schedule to ensure prompt delivery of the systems and perform final inspection of the facilities with Singapore GP staff.
Your duties will involve working and coordinating work activities with other supervisors and Singapore GP staff.
You will be privy to confidential information by necessity. You will treat all such information with the highest levels of confidentiality and will perform your role with integrity and honour at all times.
You are required to ensure that all documents and administrative functions demonstrate high levels of accuracy and professionalism.
You have good overall technical knowledge of assigned packages, have an outgoing personality with good communication and listening skills, have excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and capacity to motivate others, have an eye for detail, and show initiative in suggesting alternate ideas and approaches and a willingness to work extended overtime, especially closer to the event.
The position requires the following Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree or Diploma in Civil/Structural Engineering/Architectural /Building or Project Management with minimum 3 years relevant experience in construction industry. Those without general qualification but with more than 5 years relevant experience would be considered.
• Experience in heavy lifting work will be an advantage
• Contract administration experience
• Ability to liaise with parties involved in the projects – (clients, contractors, other stakeholders etc)
• Previous experience in event management and/or infrastructure services is desirable
Duration 4 months (July to October inclusive)
Skills and Attributes
You will demonstrate:
• Outgoing personality with articulate communication and listening skills
• Capacity to adapt and problem solve on an individual and team basis in a pressured environment
• Capacity to deal professionally and confidently with a diverse range of people at all levels.
• Good written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to draft reports, minutes, correspondence, procedures, processes and forms.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Sound literacy in computer software, including the Microsoft Office range. Excellent knowledge of Word and Excel.
• Flexibility and ability to work with different areas of the business.
• Punctuality with attendance and with delivering tasks on time.
• Positive attitude and capacity to motivate others
• A willingness to work extended overtime, especially closer to the event