Power Superintending Officer – Contract
Information Communications, Support Services
Faithful Gould is a world leading integrated project and program management consultancy. We build long-term partnerships with our clients because we are trusted to outperform.
With a turnover in excess of HKD 3 Billion, Faithful Gould is staffed by over 2,500 experienced and passionate professionals across our offices in Asia Pacific, the United Kingdom and Europe, the Middle East and the Americas.
We protect and maximize our clients’ interests through intellect, innovation, positive thinking and problem solving. Our integrated approach transforms potential into reality such that we shape the future of infrastructure and property developments and the societies in which we work.
Working with our clients and partners, we believe that the scale of what we can accomplish together is greater than anyone can imagine.
Faithful Gould is a part of the Atkins Group (www.atkinsglobal.com) which is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins employs over 18,000 professionals globally and is publicly listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Faithful Gould is currently looking for an experienced Senior Commercial Manager to join our Hong Kong team.
Role & Responsibilities
As the Power Superintending Officer you will be responsible to provide superintendence for assigned contract packages required for the Singapore F1 Grand Prix project. Your duties will include but not be limited to:
• Studying, understanding and managing each assigned contract package
• Ability evaluate shop drawings and value engineer contractor’s proposal.
• Reviewing work method statements with HSE staff and ensuring that these methods meet all safety regulations.
• Managing weekly coordination meetings with contractor to review status, work schedules and issuing the minutes of meeting.
• Monitoring daily, the work activities of the contractor.
• Making sure that daily tool box meetings are held, published work methods and schedules are followed, safe work practices are rigorously enforced and contractors provide proper supervision.
• Reviewing and recommending contractors’ staffs for accreditation purposes to support the standby requirements of the contractor.
• Issuing site instructions as required during the event.
• Preparing and reviewing variation orders as required.
• Ensuring that dismantling, demobilization and close out activities are completed as schedule including the reconciliation of the all invoices, the receipt of as built drawings and inventory lists, arranging a final contractor debrief meeting, the completion of contractor performance evaluations, the issuing of substantial completion certificates.
• Attending and supporting all project meetings as required
• Learning and following the Faithful+Gould BMS (Building Management Systems) processes and procedures
• Performing miscellaneous ad hoc duties as required by the Power & Comms Manager
Working with contractors in power distribution for the event and ensure that the entire electrical distribution network is well coordinated with the location of the generators.
Perform checking and verify load calculation given by electrical contractor
Co-ordinate with the diesel refuelling contractor for refuelling plan and implementation during the event.
Co-ordinate with the event promoter (SGP) for the proposed location of the public lighting and provision of the electrical power source.
Monitoring work schedule to ensure prompt delivery of the systems in particular the testing & commissioning before the race week.
Your duties will involve working and coordinating work activities with other supervisors and Singapore GP staff.
You will be privy to confidential information by necessity. You will treat all such information with the highest levels of confidentiality and will perform your role with integrity and honour at all times.
You are required to ensure that all documents and administrative functions demonstrate high levels of accuracy and professionalism.
You have good overall technical knowledge of assigned packages, have an outgoing personality with good communication and listening skills, have excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and capacity to motivate others, have an eye for detail, and show initiative in suggesting alternate ideas and approaches and a willingness to work extended overtime, especially closer to the event.
The position requires the following Qualifications and Experience:
• Electrical Engineering degree qualification with minimum 5 years relevant experience
• Contract administration experience
• Knowledge in electrical power distribution
• Previous experience in event management and/or infrastructure services is desirable
Contract – 3 months
Skills and Attributes
You will demonstrate:
• Outgoing personality with articulate communication and listening skills
• Capacity to adapt and problem solve on an individual and team basis in a pressured environment.
• Capacity to deal professionally and confidently with a diverse range of people at all levels.
• Knowledge of both systems and procedures to be used for the Singapore F1 Grand Prix
• Good written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to draft reports, minutes, correspondence, procedures, processes and forms.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Sound literacy in computer software, including the Microsoft Office range. Excellent knowledge of Word and Excel.
• Flexibility and ability to work with different areas of the business.
• Punctuality with attendance and with delivering tasks on time.
• Positive attitude and capacity to motivate others
• A willingness to work extended overtime, especially closer to the event