1.Support the Reliability Management Framework (RMF) in SJI, which includes formulating and maintaining the Risk Register & Reliability Improvement Plan.
2. Support the production unit (PU) reliability team in analyzing unit performance, identifying reliability weak signals, managing reliability issues and completion of action items within the RMF.
3. Apply causal reasoning on all reliability bad actors and incidents. Lead and / or facilitate Causal Learning / 5-Whys for reliability related failures.
4. Focal point for the Asset Master Plan for SJI. Ensures that asset replacement & improvement plans identified from all infrastructure categories are updated in site AMP register.
5. PU process focal point for RCM and MTA processes on site. Assist site Process Focal & Owner (SPF/SPO) in ensuring the sustainability, integration and living program of the RCM & MTA processes in SJI.
6. Lead and/or coordinate Reliability Assurance activities for SJI (include reliability studies & programmes) and setting up periodic assurance review.
7. Participate actively in relevant reliability networks and extract learnings from sister chemical sites.
8. Support site Reliability Steering Team in providing PU highlights and forward plans.
9. Coordinate reliability improvement efforts to correct under performance and advise on the most suitable methodology and techniques to solve identified reliability problems.
10. Coordinate Reliability newsletter and Reliability communication to site
11. Key member of the Production Unit Leadership Team (PULT). The Reliability engineer represent the broader Engineering disciplines in the PULT; providing linkage to the relevant Discipline SMEs as necessary.
12. Supports site major events like pitstops and turnarounds in relevant roles.
Country of Work LocationSingapore
City, State (if applicable)
Work LocationSingapore Seraya
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
Graduate in Engineering Discipline with at least 5 years experience in oil refinery or petrochemical industry or Diploma in Engineering with at least 8 years engineering/maintenance experience in oil refining and/or petrochemical industry
Knowledge in Plant Reliability Management, refinery mechanical equipment functions and their maintenance/repair, refinery/ chemical process knowledge and technical safety knowledge, Shell Risk-Based Inspection, Reliability-Centered Maintenance, Root Cause Analysis or Tripod.
Individual must be a team-player with good communication and stakeholders management skills.
No. of Positions1
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.