Job Number 18001MGL
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Management
Supports the day-to-day execution of general ledger impacted processes, including support to clients as they work with and understand these processes. Performs accounting functions specifically in the areas of account balancing, ledger reconciliation, reporting and discrepancy resolution.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major;
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Finance and Accounting or related major; 4 years experience in finance and accounting or related professional area.
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
• Coordinates and implements accounting work and projects as assigned.
• Coordinates, implements and follows up on Accounting SOP audits for all areas of the property.
• Complies with Federal and State laws applying to fraud and collection procedures.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
• Balances credit card ledgers.
• Verifies contracts for groups and performs credit reference checks for direct billed groups if necessary.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• Maintains a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets.
• Completes period end function each period.
• Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Demonstrates knowledge of return check procedures.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the Gross Revenue Report.
• Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with write off procedures.
• Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with consolidated deposit procedures.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, develop financial spreadsheets, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.