Job Number 19121024
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach| 30 Beach Road|
Singapore| Singapore| Singapore
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
The position champions and implements property-wide strategies that deliver
products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the
brand’s target customer and property employees. The position provides the
financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand
service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return on
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Strategic Planning and Decision Making
• Analyzes financial data and market trends.
• Assists in analyzing information| forecasts sales against expenses and
creates annual budget plans.
• Compiles information| analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected
• Assists in developing means to improve profit| including estimating cost and
benefit| exploring new business opportunities| etc.
• Analyzes differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for
more efficient budget planning.
• Thinks creatively and practically to develop| execute and implement new
• Protects and strengthens our competitive advantage by advocating and
supporting sound business and financial decision making.
• Implements a system of appropriate controls to manage business risks.
Leading Accounting Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Communicates the goals and the owner priorities to subordinates in a clear
and precise manner.
• Provides excellent leadership by assigning team members and other
departments managers| clear accountability backed by appropriate authority.
• Holds staff accountable for successful performance.
Developing and Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Supports property strategy from a finance and accounting perspective
• Submits reports in a timely manner| ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Ensures Profits and Losses are documented accurately.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals| budget goals| team
• Ensures appropriate corrections are made to audit results if necessary.
• Reviews audit issues to ensure accuracy.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Monitors all taxes that apply| ensuring that taxes are current| collected
• Generates and providing accurate and timely results in the form of reports|
• Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and
• Oversees internal| external and regulatory audit processes.
• Ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Ensures that the P&L is accurate (e.g.| costs are properly matched to
revenue| costs are recorded in the proper accounts).
Anticipating and Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
• Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners| corporate|
• Understands the owners| perspective and ROI expectations.
• Anticipates and addresses owner needs and involves ownership in key
• Leverages strong functional leadership and communication skills to influence
the executive team| the property|s strategies and to lead own team.
• Advises the GM and executive committee on existing and evolving
• Facilitates critique meetings to review information with management team.
• Attends owners meetings in order to provide context and explanation for
• Attends meetings and communicates with the owners| understanding the
priorities and strategic focus.
• Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the needs of all key stakeholders.
• Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is
easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Ensures team members are cross-trained to support successful daily
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Ensures new hires participate in the department’s orientation program.
• Ensures new hires receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully
perform their job.
• Creates appropriate development plans which develop team members based on
their individual strengths| development needs| career aspirations and