Job Number 19163822
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Le Meridien Singapore| Sentosa| 23 Beach Road| Singapore|
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Le Meridien| we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and
engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and
creative| cosmopolitan| culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated|
timeless service. We provide original| chic and memorable service and
experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for
curious| creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate
connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected
experiences| we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Meridien.
Maintains the transient rooms inventory for the hotel(s) and responsible for
maximizing transient revenue. The Revenue Manager releases group rooms back
into general inventory and ensures clean booking windows for customers. The
position recommends pricing and positioning of cluster properties. In
addition| the position oversees the inventory management system to verify
appropriateness of agreed upon selling strategies.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Finance and Accounting| Economics| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related
major; 3 years experience in the revenue management| sales and marketing| or
related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree from an accredited university in Business
Administration| Finance and Accounting| Economics| Hotel and Restaurant
Management| or related major; 1 year experience in the revenue management|
sales and marketing| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
• Compiles information| analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected
• Identifies the underlying principles| reasons| or facts of information by
breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to
program| write software| set up functions| enter data| or process information.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports|
• Conducts sales strategy analysis and refines as appropriate to increase
market share for all properties.
• Maintains accurate reservation system information.
• Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends|
future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
• Generates updates on transient segment each period.
• Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
Executing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy
• Updates market knowledge and aligns strategies and approaches accordingly.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals| budget goals| team
• Attends meetings to plan| organize| prioritize| coordinate and manage
activities and solutions.
• Establishes long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions
to achieve them.
• Takes a predetermined strategy and drives the execution of that strategy.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues| products| systems| and
• Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners| corporate|
• Explores opportunities that drive profit| create value for clients| and
encourage innovation; challenges existing processes/systems/products to make
• Provides revenue management functional expertise to cluster general
managers| leadership teams and market sales leaders.
• Ensures hotel strategies conform to brand philosophies and initiatives.
• Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated|
implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
• Prepares sales strategy meeting agenda| supporting documentation.
• Communicates proactively with properties regarding rate restrictions and
• Manages rooms inventory to maximize cluster rooms revenue.
• Assists hotels with pricing and provides input on business evaluation
• Leads efforts to coordinate strategies between group sales offices.
• Supports cluster selling initiatives by working with all reservation
• Uses reservations system and demand forecasting systems to determine|
implement and control selling strategies.
• Checks distribution channels for hotel positioning| information accuracy and
• Ensures property diagnostic processes (PDP) are used to maximize revenue and
• Initiates| implements and evaluates revenue tests.
• Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management
• Communicates brand initiatives| demand and market analysis to
• Understands and communicates the value of the brand name as it relates to
franchise partnerships and revenue management opportunities.
• Promotes and protects brand equity.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships in a proactive
• Acts as a liaison| when necessary| between property and regional/corporate
• Informs and/or updates the executives| the peers and the subordinates on
relevant information in a timely manner.
• Attends staff/forecast/long range meetings as requested by properties.