Job Number 19140729
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The St. Regis Singapore| 29 Tanglin Road| Singapore| Singapore|
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years
ago| with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob
Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth
Avenue| St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke
service. Today| with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world| St.
Regis is a place where trends are born| boundaries are broken and guests can
simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the
banquet food preparation staff. Assists in coordinating menus| purchasing|
scheduling| food preparation and plating for catering events. The individual
is responsible for delivering a consistent| high quality product with an
appetizing presentation. Works to continually improve guest and employee
satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Must ensure sanitation
and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 1 years experience in the culinary| food and
beverage| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 1 year experience in the culinary|
food and beverage| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative
• Attends daily Banquet Event meetings to review culinary requirements.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards
• Assists in developing| designing| or creating new applications| ideas|
relationships| systems| or products| including artistic contributions.
• Ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies| standards and
• Estimates daily Banquet Event Order production needs.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
• Manages BEO process including menu development| pricing| tracking and
• Manages food quantities and plating requirements for all banquet functions.
• Plans food quantities and plating requirements for all banquet functions.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types| either on a regular basis or for
special guests or functions.
• Recognizes superior quality products| presentations and flavor.
• Supports procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
Assisting in Managing Culinary Teams
• Communicates production needs to key personnel.
• Communicates regularly with employees to ensure performance expectations are
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching| mentoring| or
otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Identifies the educational needs of others| develops formal educational or
training programs or classes| and teaching or instructing others.
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests
based on required specifications.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations.
Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Supervises banquet kitchen shift operations.
• Utilizes an |open door| policy to identify and address employee problems or
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals| budget goals| team
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Responds effectively to guest problems and complaints.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Conducts training when appropriate.
• Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to
Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation support the Peer Review
• Participates in training staff on menu items including ingredients|
preparation methods and unique tastes.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs and
financial objectives are met.
• Trains employees in safety procedures.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.