Job Number 19090485
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location The Ritz-Carlton| Millenia Singapore| 7 Raffles Avenue|
Singapore| Singapore| Singapore
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Assists department head in managing budget| capital expenditures| preventative
maintenance and energy conservation. Accountable for maintaining the building
and grounds with particular attention towards safety| security and asset
protection. Assigns| tracks and follows up on status of work assigned to staff
and contractors. Helps increase guest and employee satisfaction through
effective communications and training.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and
maintenance or related professional area; technical training in
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction|
Engineering| Mechanics| or related major; 2 years experience in the
engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting management of Department Operations and Engineering Budgets
• Assists in effectively planning| scheduling and evaluating preventative
• Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance needs.
• Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering.
• Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment| refrigeration|
HVAC| plumbing| water treatment| electrical and life safety systems.
• Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness| efficiency and
• Supervises distribution of repair work orders.
• Assists in maintaining grounds| meeting rooms| ballrooms| public space|
restaurants| property vehicles and recreational facilities as needed.
• Acts as technical liaison for all departments in property.
• Supervises Engineering in the absence of the Director of Engineering.
• Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting| repair
work| renovations| and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Selects and makes purchases of new equipment| supplies| and furnishings.
• Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in order to
determine the type of work required.
• Manages parts| supplies and equipment inventories effectively by minimizing
downtime and maximizing cash flow.
• Performs inspections effectively.
• Assists in evaluating and implementing new technologies| equipment and
• Assists in establishing and implementing an energy conservation program.
Maintaining Engineering Standards
• Helps ensure necessary permits and licenses for building and physical plant
are obtained and kept current.
• Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety
• Ensures compliance with all Engineering departmental policies| standards and
• Ensures all employees have the proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer
service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs
and financial objectives are met.
• Helps train employees in safety procedures.
• Assists in training other department employees in fire protection| safety
and evacuation procedures.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Assists in performing operational activities as necessary.
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._