Job Number 19125477
Job Category Revenue Management
Location JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach| 30 Beach Road|
Singapore| Singapore| Singapore
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Functions as the strategic business leader of Revenue Strategy for JW Marriott
Singapore South Beach| The St Regis Singapore and W Hotel Singapore.
Responsible for maximizing revenue and profit associated with rooms and
function space in the hotels. Position is accountable for pricing| positioning
and inventory management of transient| group and catering in the hotels.
Oversees all the processes associated with demand| revenue| forecasting|
inventory management and opportunity analysis. Works with General Manager(s)
and property leadership to develop and implement hotel sales strategy.
Identifies future revenue opportunities and effectively communicates
strategies to the sales organization. Responsible for the Property’s
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy
• Develops and executes strategic plans for all properties within portfolio.
• Provides market strategy expertise and leadership to general managers|
property leadership teams and market sales leaders.
• Develops the Business Outlook Strategy.
• Determines sales strategies and communicates to market sales leadership|
marketing teams and property leadership.
• Establishes and maintains effective and rational pricing strategies for
rooms and function space.
• Monitors the annual pricing process for transient| group and catering rooms
in addition to function space and audio-visual pricing.
• Develops Club & Suite pricing by segment and works with sales and marketing
team on determining the correct selling strategy for each segment and tracks
efforts on a monthly basis
• Provides critical input to market leaders for development of property and
overall market sales strategy.
• Verifies hotel strategies conform to brand philosophies and initiatives.
• Verifies that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated|
implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
• Manages inventory to maximize cluster rooms revenue.
• Assists hotels with pricing and provides input on business evaluation
• Generates updates on transient segment each period.
• Verifies property diagnostic processes (PDP) are used to maximize revenue
• Initiates| implements and evaluates revenue tests.
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
• Evaluates effectiveness of property participation in electronic sales
• Analyzes competitive sets| price positioning| seasonality| mix and
displacement on a continuous basis.
• Conducts sales strategy analysis and refines as appropriate to increase
market share for all properties.
• Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends|
future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
• Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Develops| Mentors and Coaches the Inventory Managers at all properties to
deliver all inventory management and respective core deliverables
• Verifies that all reservation enquiries that come to the hotel via
telephone| email or fax are processed in a timely and accurate manner to
capture demand data for the hotel.
• Verifies that the Reservation Team Leader is fully trained and is leading
the reservation team agents to be able to meet company and brand Standards for
all reservation enquiries.
• Schedules the staffing for the department to provide appropriate coverage.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works with Inventory Managers at each property to prepare Strategy Meeting
Presentations and supporting analysis
• Identifies and communicates revenue and profit opportunities to property
leadership teams and sales organization.
• Prepares sales strategy meeting agenda| supporting documentation and leads
property and/or cluster meetings.
• Develops 6-month| 12-month and 2-year strategic action plans for management
of cluster transient revenues.
• Works with Market VP| Market GM and property GMs to assist in pricing
analyses for all products in Market.
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
• Provides targeted and timely communication of results| achievements and
challenges to the stakeholders.