Job Number 19118911
Job Category Information Technology
Location JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach| 30 Beach Road|
Singapore| Singapore| Singapore
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
As a member of the property management staff| contributes advanced knowledge
and skill in technology and general hospitality business knowledge to support
the property and technology Information Resources objectives. Position is
responsible to the property for all technology planning| decision-making|
implementation| and maintenance. May manage property systems technicians and
interfaces with vendors| owners| Executive Committee and property staff.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
__Ensuring Client Technology Needs are Met_ _
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to
program| write software| set up functions| enter data| or process information.
• Monitors| verifies and manages the acquisition and maintenance of property
• Analyzes information| identifies current and potential problems and proposes
• Maintains| inspects and repairs equipment.
• Inspects and verifies the maintenance of the equipment or the environment.
• Verifies that computer and network operations are monitored at the property|
backup/recovery functions are performed on scheduled basis and administration
functions for hardware| operating and application systems are maintained and
completed on consistent basis.
• Manages IR activities to ensure the property infrastructure and applications
systems are functional at all times.
• Verifies solutions are consistent with the client|s needs and brand specific
• Administers and maintains mail and email.
• Maintains inventories and manages IT hardware/software.
• Provides Internet support and maintenance (if applicable)
• Provides cable management support.
• Generates systems communications for property users to introduce new
applications| provide user tips| alert users of system problems and inform
staff of progress or status.
• Consults on specific application issues or hardware/software problems.
• Provides feedback to Lodging IR on application functional performance and
__Managing Projects and Policies_ _
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether
events or processes comply with laws| regulations| or standards.
• Monitors processes and evaluating information according to SOP and LSOP
• Enforces IR policies and standards protecting company hardware| software and
other resources at the property.
• Directs maintenance of equipment and installed software applications
inventory for property ensuring compliance with licensing regulations.
Maintaining Information Systems and Technology Goals
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Performs an assessment of needs| ensuring compliance with brand specific
standards| budget and capital requirements.
• Determines priorities| schedules| plans and necessary resources to ensure
completion of any property projects on schedule and according to
• Verifies problems are correctly reported| routed| tracked and solved| with
the system user being informed of situation at all times.
• Verifies proper asset management.
• Performs on-site monitoring of all projects.
• Verifies that regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of
responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicates
expectations| recognizes performance and produces desired business results.
Demonstrating and Applying IR Knowledge
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to your job.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues| products| systems| and
• Provides technical expertise and support.
Leading IR Team
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
• Provides a technical perspective to information needs along with
cost/benefits understanding in an influencing role.
__Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities_ _
• Verifies employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Verifies property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Informs and/or updates the executives| the peers and the subordinates on
relevant information in a timely manner.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Coordinates property efforts| prioritizes needs and communicates those needs
to IR Shared Services and other systems staff.
• Manages vendors for property IT requirements functioning as escalation point
for problem resolution.