Job Number 20006488
Job Category Human Resources
Location The Westin Singapore| 12 Marina View| Singapore| Singapore|
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin| we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by
providing a refreshing environment| thoughtful amenities| and revitalizing
programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they
arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being|
and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and
soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help
guests be at their best| and they appreciate our supportive attitude|
anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them
throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to
join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If
you’re someone who has is positive| adaptable and intuitive| and has a genuine
interest in the well-being of others around you| we invite you to discover how
at Westin| together we can rise.
The Director of Human Resources will report directly to the property General
Manager| with a dotted-line (functional) reporting relationship to the
Regional Senior Director of Human Resources and will be an integral member of
the property executive committee. As a member of the Human Resources
organization| he/she contributes a high level of human resource generalist
knowledge and expertise for a designated property. He/she will be accountable
for talent acquisition| succession/workforce planning| performance management
and development for property employees| using technology efficiently| and
coaching/developing others to help influence and execute business objectives
in the most efficient manner. He/she generally works with considerable
independence| developing processes to accomplish objectives in alignment with
broader business objectives. Additionally| he/she utilizes a Human Resource
Business Plan aligned with property and brand strategies to deliver HR
services that enable business success.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources| Business
Administration| or related major; 4 years experience in the human resources|
management operations| or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Human Resources| Business Administration| or
related major; 2 years experience in the human resources| management
operations| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing the Human Resources Strategy
• Executes and follows-up on engagement survey related activities.
• Champions and builds the talent management ranks in support of property and
region diversity strategy.
• Translates business priorities into property Human Resources strategies|
plans and actions
• Implements and sustains Human Resources initiatives at the property.
• Coordinates the human capital review process at property(s) and leads
succession planning activities on property and in the market| as appropriate.
• Leads the assessment of property(s) leadership pipeline through the human
capital review process and assists with follow-up.
• Creates value through proactive approaches that will affect performance
outcome or control cost.
• Monitors effective use of myHR by property managers and employees.
• Leads and participates in succession management and workforce planning.
• Responsible for Human Resources strategy and execution.
• Serves as key change manager for initiatives that have high employee impact.
• Attends owners meetings as a member of the property executive committee and
provides meaning or context to the Human Resources results (e.g.| retention
statistics| critical open positions| employee satisfaction| and training
initiatives and results); and demonstrates an understanding of owner
• Supervises one or more on-property Human Resources| as well as market-based
Human Resources Specialist type resources where appropriate.
Managing Staffing and Recruitment Process
• Analyzes open positions to balance the development of existing talent and
• Serves as coach and expert facilitator of the selection and interviewing
• Surfaces opportunities in work processes and staffing optimization.
• Makes staffing decisions to manage the talent cadre and pipeline at the
• Develops staffing strategy (in collaboration with hiring manager) relating
to hiring practices; consults with hiring manager on compensation| benefits|
• Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
• Ensures managers are competent in assessing and evaluating hourly staff.
Managing Employee Compensation Strategy
• Remains current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation
and work competitive environments.
• Leads the planning of the hourly employee total compensation strategy.
• Champions the communication and proper use of total compensation systems|
tools| programs| policies| etc.
• Participates in quarterly internal equity analysis; reviews internal equity
reports and surface issues needing resolution.
• Creates and implement s total compensation management packages/offers|
particularly recognition and incentive programs directed towards property
Managing Staff Development Activities
• Ensures completion of the duties and responsibilities of the properties’
Human Resources staff members| as outlined in applicable job description(s).
• Ensures property Human Resources staff is properly trained in all employee-
related human resource information to appropriately respond to property
• Serves as resource to property Human Resources staff on employee relations
questions and issues.
• Continually reinforces positive employee relations concepts.