Job Number 19000O3R
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location The Ritz-Carlton| Millenia Singapore| Singapore| Singapore VIEW
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Manages all maintenance operations| including maintaining the building|
grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety| security
and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget| capital expenditure
projects| preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for
maintaining regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and
maintenance or related professional area; technical training in
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction|
Engineering| Mechanics| or related major; 1 year experience in the engineering
and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets
• Manages the physical plant including equipment| refrigeration| HVAC|
plumbing| water treatment and electrical systems.
• Ensures regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
• Manages and controls heat| light and power and recommends current best
methods for energy conservation and economical facility operations.
• Develops specifications and requirements for service contracts and
administers such contracts to support building needs.
• Distributes preventive maintenance and repair work orders and monitors
timeliness and quality of completion.
• Oversees and directs the maintenance of grounds| guestrooms| public space|
restaurants| property vehicles and recreational facilities.
• Develops a long term plan for preventative maintenance and asset protection
and overseeing execution of plan.
• Builds positive relationships with external customers such as city
building/zoning department| fire prevention bureau and vendors.
• Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures| equipment
• Performs monthly property inspection to ensure buildings and grounds are
maintained in excellent condition.
• Conducts guest room and common area inspection to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in order to
determine the type of work required.
• Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting| repair
work| renovations| and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Selects and orders or purchasing new equipment| supplies| and furnishings.
• Manages parts and equipment inventory.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Ensures building and equipment licenses and certifications are current.
• Maintains property life safety systems (fire fighting equipment| sprinkler
systems and alarm systems).
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality| exemplifying excellent customer
service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest
• Observes service behaviors of employees and providing feedback to
individuals and or managers.
• Reviews comment cards| guest satisfaction results and other data to identify
areas of improvement.
• Shares plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is
taken to continuously improve guest satisfaction.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with
a focus on continuous improvement.
• Interviews and hiring management and hourly employees with the appropriate
skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._