Job Number 19000U94
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location The St. Regis Singapore| Singapore| Singapore
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years
ago| with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob
Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth
Avenue| St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke
service. Today| with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world| St.
Regis is a place where trends are born| boundaries are broken and guests can
simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Negotiates with suppliers and verifies and authorizes purchase requisitions
and purchase orders. Advises other departments on purchasing procedures and
maintains full and up-to-date information regarding store inventory.
Education and Experience Required:
· 2 years experience in procurement| purchasing| or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 1 year
experience in procurement| purchasing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Supplier and Vendor Relations
· Negotiates with selected suppliers and obtains quotations.
· Coordinates and arranges site visits with contractors and end-users for
obtaining necessary quotations.
· Keeps close and frequent contact with suppliers to maintain up-to-date
market and product information
· Identifies and selects reliable and regular suppliers for daily food and
beverage purchasing based on regular quotations.
· Attends and participates in food tasting panel for food and beverage
evaluation and vendor selection.
· Prepares and negotiates contracts with selected suppliers
· Attends exhibitions/seminars for sourcing new suppliers and products with
· Persuades suppliers to offer or extend rebate program.
Managing Procurement Activities
· Verifies and authorizes procurement orders
· Places orders and expedites deliveries
· Prepares tender invitations and executes tender openings for selected items
and compares tenders for procurement decisions
· Sources alternative products with competitive prices| while striving to
maintain better or comparable quality| standards and services.
· Prepares and submits monthly cost saving report to Director of Finance
· Explores opportunities for green procurement and actively participates in
the recycling program.
· Provides suggestions to other departments to achieve cost savings while
still fulfilling their requirements.
• Adaptability – Develops strategies and identifies resources to implement and
manage change; models flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates
the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment.
•Communication – Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles
to deliver complex information in a clear concise way and influences others to
accept a point of view| gain consensus| or take action.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making – Models and sets expectations for
solving complex problems| collecting and comparing information to evaluate
alternatives| considering their potential impact before making decisions|
involving others to gain agreement and support| and guiding others to
• Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence
and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents
the company in alignment with its values.
•Building and Contributing to Teams – Leads and participates as a member of a
team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering
cohesion and collaboration among team members.
•Driving for Results – Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work
• Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set
a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work
requirements self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is
•Coworker Relationships – Develops and uses collaborative relationships to
facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
•Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an
understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s
•Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse
styles| abilities| motivations| and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes
differences to drive innovation| engagement and enhance business results; and
ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
•Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of
organizational units| jobs| and work processes to best fit the needs and/or
support the goals of an organizational unit.
•Talent Management – Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals
develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work
Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
•Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to
improve performance of self and/or others.
•Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information (e.g.| data
related to employee engagement| guest satisfaction| and property financial
performance) to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions
to approach business and administrative challenges.
•Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge
in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business
operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific
•Communications and Media – Knowledge of media production| communication| and
dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform
and entertain via written| oral| and visual media.
•Creative Oral Expression and Comprehension – The ability to listen to and
understand information and ideas| and to communicate them with unusual|
clever| or novel speech so that others will understand them.
•Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing
basic work activities.
•Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g.|
personal computers| word processing software| Internet browsers| etc.).
•Mathematical Reasoning – Demonstrates ability to add| subtract| multiply| or
divide quickly| correctly| and in a way that allows one to solve work-related
•Oral Comprehension – Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand
information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
•Reading Comprehension – Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and
paragraphs in work-related documents.
•Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of