Job Number 19158687
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The St. Regis Singapore| 29 Tanglin Road| Singapore| Singapore|
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years
ago| with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob
Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth
Avenue| St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke
service. Today| with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world| St.
Regis is a place where trends are born| boundaries are broken and guests can
simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Functions as the strategic business leader of the property|s Rooms department.
Responsible for planning| developing| implementing and evaluating the quality
of property’s rooms. Position works with direct reports to develop and
implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand
service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures Rooms operations
meet the brand’s standards| targets customer needs| ensures employee
satisfaction| focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial
performance of the department. Develops and implements property-wide
strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and
expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a
return on investment to the owner and company.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 4 years experience in the
guest services| front desk| housekeeping| sales and marketing| management
operations| or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Hotel and Restaurant
Management| or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services| front
desk| housekeeping| sales and marketing| management operations| or related
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Rooms Team
• Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to
produce desired results.
• Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward
toward achievement of goals.
• Monitors and promotes room rates| specials| and promotions at the residence.
• Review all out-of-order rooms daily with respective departments to determine
most current status and estimated date for return to room inventory.
Managing Profitability and Revenue Goals
• Analyzes service issues and identifies trends.
• Works with Rooms team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned
with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Reviews and audits expenses (e.g.| departmental/divisional profits| payroll
expenses| rooms’ expenses| cost per occupied room| previous day’s occupancy
and room revenues).
• Conducts weekly meetings with divisional managers and review all information
pertinent to the week’s business.
• Prepares monthly| quarterly and yearly Rooms Division financial forecasts.
• Prepares annual capital expenditures report.
• Monitors Rooms operations sales performance against budget.
• Reviews reports and financial statements to determine Rooms operations
performance against budget.
• Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy and
rate| wages and controllable expenses.
• Compares budgeted wages to actual wages| coaching direct reports to address
problem areas and holding team accountable for results.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the
brand’s target customer.
• Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and
encourages the same from other employees.
• Reviews guest feedback with leadership team and ensures appropriate
corrective action is taken.
• Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to
the customer and property operations.
• Creates an atmosphere in all Rooms areas that meets or exceeds guest
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
• Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Stays visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain
feedback on quality of product| service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained
feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Ensures that employees understand expectations and parameters for Room
• Monitor and handle guest complaints by following the instant pacification
procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
• Anticipate sold-out situations/and know how many rooms are overbooked.
Assist in locating alternative accommodations for guests and assist in
“walking” guests| following hotel policies and procedures. Follow-up the next
day to ensure that guests are welcomed back to the hotel in accordance with
hotel policies and procedures.
• Review resumes for arriving groups; follow up with all departments to ensure
preparations are made for arrivals.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and
ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results.
• Interviews and hires employees.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Ensures that regular| ongoing communication is happening in Rooms (e.g.|
pre-shift briefings| staff meetings).
• Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service| participates in
daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all
interactions with guests and employees.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings
with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
• Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review
process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently|
disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard
and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to
Standard Operating Procedures.
• Champions change| ensures brand and regional business initiatives are
implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
• Identifies talents of direct reports and their teams| and assists with their
growth and development plans.