Job Number** 18003H24
**Job Category** Human Resources
**Location** Singapore Regional Office| Singapore| Singapore VIEW ON MAP
**Position Type** Management
Start Your Journey With Us**
The Manager| Learning Development (Instructional Design) supports the
development of training across all Marriott disciplines| brands| and systems
in Asia Pacific. This position requires creativity and flexibility as it will
work with a variety of subject matter experts and develop for many different
audiences. Knowledge of design and development methods in the hospitality or
service industry is critical to the success of this position.
This individual will design and develop training that facilitates behavior
change| transfers critical knowledge| and develops technical and strategic
skills in our associates. Assists Sr. Director and Sr. Manager| Performance
Advisory| Design| Development| Deployment in evaluating the effectiveness of
training programs and ensuring there are clear business outcomes.
This associate will support business as usual operations as well as the build
and implementation for new initiatives| integration efforts| enhancements and
upgrades to existing training for the groups supported. The individual plans
and analyzes the functional and business support of specific learning needs
and works closely with business leaders| numerous internal support teams| and
vendors to ensure the successful development and integration of the learning
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience in the subjects
below and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
* BS/BA degree is required. Advanced degree or additional certification a plus.
* Minimum of 3 years of instructional design and development experience
* Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in applying adult learning theory and iterative instructional design methodologies (i.e.| ADDIE| Successive Approximation Model (SAM)).
* Experience in designing| developing| and implementing high impact learning solutions| using a variety of innovative approaches.
* Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Excellent written communication skills.
* Program and project management skills.
* Development experience using Development tools| e.g.| Articulate| Storyline| Captivate| Adobe Creative Cloud Applications| Office365 Applications.
* Hospitality Industry and Marketing expertise preferred with general knowledge of Sales| Revenue Management or Hotel Operations.
**CORE WORK ACTIVITIES**
_Design & Development_
* Able to build learning items from analysis| design and storyboard| through development of final deliverable
* Utilize creative thinking capabilities to design and develop client specific products.
* Able to interact with subject matter experts across a variety of clients| e.g.| discipline| system or brand| to design and develop effective learning solutions.
* Clearly and concisely present ideas to clients on learning item design.
* Work with other instructional designers or external vendors to complete projects.
* Package multiple items to create curriculum| as appropriate.
* Build and test items in learning management system as part of the deployment activities.
* Design| develop and implement training strategies| programs| and processes as they relate to Brands| Sales| Marketing/Digital| Call Centers| Finance Compliance| Revenue Management| and Hotel Operations disciplines to include modes that are high tech| high touch.
* Explore alternative methods/mediums of providing training to the field.
* Manage time and resources to meet project deadlines| budget goals and changing business and/or market needs.
* Ensure training is applicable across all brands/audiences within each discipline when applicable.
* Create digital learnings (e-learnings) using software such as Captivate and Articulate Storyline as well as web and video conferencing software for virtual instructor led programs.
* Solicit and incorporate feedback from subject matter experts and assess evaluation feedback to make appropriate changes.
* Work as a project leader to achieve results in a team environment.
* Manage multiple projects and processes on time and on budget.
* Identify methods for measuring the effectiveness of training.
* Collaborative approach; serves as a team player; Ability to work with global teams from diverse cultural backgrounds.
* Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders| across regions| brands| and disciplines.
* Foster team work| maximize efficiencies| and work to promote effective synergies between the Development and Delivery teams| within L+D| and with partner disciplines.
* Work along with business partners to ensure training meets the needs of the individual stakeholders and audience members.
_Learning & Applying Personal Expertise_
* Utilize strong field experience to ensure training meets the needs of the audiences represented and are effective in the learning and development of the participants.
* Develop knowledge of Sales| Marketing| E-Commerce| Revenue Management| Event Management| and Hotel Operations across all brands.
* Be proficient in all software programs necessary for the position: Word| Excel| PowerPoint| Captivate| Articulate| Storyline and others as needed.
**SPECIFIC CANDIDATE PROFILE**
* Comfortable with complexity| ambiguity and change. Must accept and adapt to change; understand that change is a constant and necessary path for improvement and growth.
* Ability to learn quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and works diligently to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
* Ability to develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with team members| internal stakeholders| vendors and external constituents; and ability to influence change through these relationships.
* Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment – establishing goals and delivering against the objectives of assignments to meet time| budget and quality criteria.
* Ability to deliver results under difficult conditions and demonstrated balanced judgment under pressure.
* Trustworthy with strong business integrity and ability to hold sensitive information in confidence.
* Ability to communicate with non-technical people about technical issues.
* Well organized and detail oriented.
* Manages time well| correctly prioritizes tasks| and is flexible.
* Possess strong content writing ability| creativity| attention to detail and excellent proofing and editing skills.
* Excellent presentation and public speaking skills. Presents ideas| expectations| and information in a concise well-organized manner.
* Effective listening skills aimed at encouraging diversity of ideas and a willingness to resolve conflicts in a positive manner.
* Critical thinking skills & analytical approach to problem solving and driving toward solutions.
* Demonstrates self-confidence| bias for action| focus| and the ability to self-manage.
Marriott International is the worlds largest hotel company| with more brands|
more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We
believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So| we ask|
where will your journey take you?
_Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International
does not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other
basis protected under federal| state or local laws._