Job Number 19177716
Job Category Event Management
Location JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach| 30 Beach Road|
Singapore| Singapore| Singapore
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
The position assists in the execution of all property events with a seamless
turnover from sales to operations and back to sales. Ensures the team meets
the brand’s target customer needs| ensures employee satisfaction| focuses on
growing event revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the
department. Assists in the development and implementation of property-wide
strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and
expectations of the brand’s target customer and property employees and
provides a return on investment.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Event Management Operations and Budgets
• Researches and analyzes new products| pricing and services of competition.
• Reviews scheduled events and troubleshoots potential challenges/conflicts.
• Ensures the property is apprised of all groups that will impact property
• Works with culinary team to ensure compliance with food handling and
• Assists with the oversight of Event Operations including Banquets| Event
Services and Event Technology.
• Assists with the oversight of event planning team (BEO/Resume writers).
• Ensures meeting space and corresponding heart of the house areas are cleaned
• Ensures furniture and equipment is maintained and inventory levels are kept
in accordance to corporate guidelines.
• Assists in the execution of brand service initiatives in event management
• Introduces ideas to leadership team to enable property to remain
• Encourages calculated risk-taking to generate incremental revenue and
deliver excellent guest service.
• Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices
and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase
additional revenue opportunities for the property.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or
exceeds guest expectations.
• Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for
events such as meetings| conferences| and conventions.