Job Number 19174339
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Le Meridien Singapore| Sentosa| 23 Beach Road| Singapore|
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Le Meridien| we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and
engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and
creative| cosmopolitan| culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated|
timeless service. We provide original| chic and memorable service and
experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for
curious| creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate
connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected
experiences| we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Meridien.
The Assistant Marketing and Communications Manager is part of an important
team that creates and executes property-level communications to our customers.
Under the leadership of the Director of Sales & Marketing| this role promotes
on-brand messaging to customers through traditional| digital| and social media
channels all with the goal of enhancing the image of the hotel. This role
helps build direct marketing plans| targeted campaigns| and activated channels
to the end of driving consumer awareness and preference| increasing market
share| and building broader portfolio and brand awareness. This role focuses
on showcasing Food and Beverage promotions| both to hotel guests and to local
patrons. As part of the Marketing and Communication team| this role is fully
connected into resources in their region; Assistant Marketing and
Communication Managers liaise and build deep partnerships with their regional
eCommerce and Marketing teams to verify all local| social| and digital
marketing efforts are effectively integrated with the selling efforts for the
organization. This role also gets to do a little bit of everything| from
balancing traditional and digital marketing and eCommerce activities to
contributing to public relations (PR) activities for the hotel. Success is
measured by how well they help drive the sales and revenue strategy of the
property| social media engagement and also by how effectively leveraged the
resources around them are to create truly compelling marketing and
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing| Public Relations|
Business Administration or related major and 4 years experience in the sales|
marketing| digital or related professional area; hospitality marketing or
digital advertising experience preferred
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Marketing| Public Relations| Business| or
related major; 2 years experience in the sales| marketing| digital or related
professional area; hospitality marketing or digital advertising agency
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Hotel Marketing and Advertising
• Executes annual marketing plan to budget| in consultation with the GM| Food
and Beverage leader| Operations leaders| Director of Sales & Marketing| and
cluster marketing and ecommerce teams.
• Partners with Operations| Food & Beverage and Sales teams to execute
promotions and campaigns to target in-house guests with promotions that drive
incremental revenue to the hotel.
• Acts as the liaison between the marketing department and advertising agency
on the tactical advertising campaigns| creative and media plans| particularly
for food and beverage promotions.
• Manages F&B media schedules and verifies prompt settlement of accounts.
• Partners with property Revenue Management to verify correct offer loading|
verifying advertisement targeting is correctly directed at relevant consumer
• Executes email marketing| and display advertising.
• Maintains frequent| active engagement with Cluster eCommerce manager to
verify alignment| pull-through| and 2-way communication about the status|
performance evaluation| opportunities| and issues related to online programs
• Verifies all advertising for the hotel in digital channels is in alignment
with brand voice.
Social Media Content Management
• Facilitates social media engagement and updating content in local digital
channels (e.g.| hotel website| travel sites).
• Develops and executes promotions campaign in F&B| weddings| spa| rooms and
conferences through relevant digital and social media channels.
• Engages in proactive online reputation management by surfacing relevant
guest comments (positive or negative) in social media channels and responds
Public Relations and Visual Asset Management
• Develops a comprehensive PR plan per quarter along with agency and and
executes post sign-off from GM.
• Maintains a comprehensive list of local media contracts| with particular
emphasis on food critics and bloggers.
• Manages assigned accounts as per the media account management system.
• Writes and distributes all press releases for property events| promotions|
• Manages the execution of hotel sponsored events| community/government
relations activities| and press promotional activities.
• Supports pull through of impactful PR strategy & activities to drive quality
press coverage through media engagement| in alignment with communications
• Verifies the news clippings and other online| print| and social media
mention report is completed on a monthly basis for property distribution.
• Manages external vendors and media agencies; works with agency partners and
continent PR leader to identify strategic media buys for their hotel(s).
• Surfaces and vets PR leads from the continent PR Leader regarding which are
the best media to promote the hotel.
• Supports the co-ordination of photography for F&B advertising| collateral
and public relations purposes between the hotel| advertising agency and the
regional field marketing teams.
• Manages photo shoots for seasonal or festive promotions in partnership with
the cluster or area marketing team.
• Acts as central point of contact for regionally approved local photographers
for food| amenity| and property imagery; coordinates with area or cluster
marketing to verify all photography adheres to brand voice.
Direct Marketing and Collateral Development
• Coordinates and executes Hotel and F&B printed materials.
• Controls quantity and inventory of all Hotel marketing collateral and
verifies copies are filed in a comprehensive manner.
• Assists in the production of all property| F&B display| and temporary
signage in hotel public areas.
• Promotes collection of competitors collateral and publicity on a monthly
• Manages the execution of F&B direct marketing activities.
• Verifies all collateral is as per brand standard guidelines and in
compliance with Brand Standard Audit (BSA).
• Assists and manages the development| co-ordination and execution of all
communications activities with a strong emphasis on property F&B promotions
• Helps with the publication of hotel’s newsletter(s).
• Supports communications duties and functions as deemed necessary.
• Assists in the liaison and execution of joint F&B promotions.
• Works with eCommerce to verify the Hotel’s website and related websites are
updated on a regular basis.
• Partners with Director of Sales & Marketing to create marketing plan aligned
to hotel sales and revenue strategy.
• Provides training and marketing leadership and act as a marketing subject
matter expert for GMs| Sales Leaders and Managers| and Revenue leaders.
• Coordinates with property and above property eCommerce and Revenue
Management teams to report success of property marketing and eCommerce
• Keeps abreast of competition and its collateral| advertising| and marketing
efforts and constantly evolving digital and marketing trends.