Job Number 19106315
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach| 30 Beach Road|
Singapore| Singapore| Singapore
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Responsible for the successful functioning of the department. Major
responsibility of the department is to receive all in-house and outside
telephone calls and process requests professionally and correctly. This
includes taking room service orders| receiving and processing all requests for
additional items| directions| correcting any issues and| if necessary|
forwarding calls on to appropriate areas. The Manager needs to ensure the
agents’ information is thorough and up-to-date. Accountable for tracking all
guest requests and issues to use as process improvement tool. Strives to
continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the
financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services| front
desk| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensures the quality| standards and meets the
expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Handles complaints| settles disputes| and resolves grievances and conflicts|
or otherwise negotiates with others.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Implements the customer recognition/service program| communicating and
ensuring the process.
• Tracks all guest issues from various sources and report results.
• Ensures guest requests/issues are logged.
• Oversees the financial aspects of the department including purchasing and
payment of invoices.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Identifies trends in guest issues for resolution.
• Schedules and supervise staff to ensure prompt| friendly| and attentive
• Supervises AYS agents and runners to ensure prompt and complete resolution
of guest calls and requests.
• Coordinates the process of receiving and resolving guest issues and
Supporting Management of Guest Service Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Manages all day-to-day operations.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
Supporting Human Resource Activities
• Assists in the developmental needs of others and coaching| mentoring| or
otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Assists in recruitment| hiring| training| and orientation of department
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Informs and/or updates the executives| the peers and the subordinates on
relevant information in a timely manner.
• Ensures that all department equipment is in proper working condition and
that department areas and storerooms are clean.
• Performs departmental administrative duties.
• Addresses complaints and serves as Manager on Duty as needed.
• Attends meetings (e.g.| front office supervisor meetings| operations
meetings| forecast meetings| monthly department meetings| sales strategy| pre-