Job Number 20020229
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach| 30 Beach Road|
Singapore| Singapore| Singapore
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
The Event Sales Manager is responsible for contracting and closing local
catering| weddings and social business and ensuring that business is turned
over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. The
position is responsible for achieving catering revenue goals by actively up-
selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue. The incumbent
implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in
all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering
service excellence throughout each customer experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Manages sales efforts for the hotel including local weddings and social
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g.| Sales Office|
Area Sales| EST) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated| complementary and
• Responds to incoming catering/weddings opportunities for the hotel.
• Identifies| qualifies and solicits new catering business to achieve personal
and hotel revenue goals.
• Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses|
economic trends| supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business
and negotiate contracts.
• Designs| develops and sells creative catered events.
• Maximizes revenue by up-selling packages and creative food and beverage.
• Manages catering sales revenue and operation budgets| and provides
• Develops menus which drive sales.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.|
generating proposal| writing contract| customer correspondence).
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of
the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property
leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Ensures successful performance by increasing revenues| controlling expenses
and providing a return on investment for the owner and the company.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts effectively with sales| kitchen| vendors| competitors| local
community| catering associations and other hotel departments in order to
ensure guest satisfaction.
• Executes and supports the company’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and
loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and
during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the
appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their
expectations| while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
• Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service
expectations; serve the customer by understanding their business| business
issues and concerns| to offer better business solution both prior to| and
during the program/event.
• Develops a close working relationship with operations to ensure execution of
strategies at the hotel level.
• Performs other duties| as assigned| to meet business needs.