Job Number 19177203
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The St. Regis Singapore| 29 Tanglin Road| Singapore| Singapore|
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years
ago| with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob
Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth
Avenue| St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke
service. Today| with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world| St.
Regis is a place where trends are born| boundaries are broken and guests can
simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
The Events Manager is responsible for contracting and closing local catering
and social business and ensuring that business is turned over properly and in
a timely fashion for quality service delivery. The position is responsible for
achieving catering revenue goals by actively up-selling each business
opportunity to maximize revenue. The incumbent implements the brand’s service
strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process
and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing|
guest services| front desk| or related professional.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Manages sales efforts for the hotel including local corporate and social
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g.| Sales Office|
Area Sales| EST) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated| complementary and
• Responds to incoming catering opportunities for the hotel.
• Identifies| qualifies and solicits new catering business to achieve personal
and hotel revenue goals.
• Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses|
economic trends| supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business
and negotiate contracts.
• Designs| develops and sells creative catered events.
• Maximizes revenue by up-selling packages and creative food and beverage.
• Manages catering sales revenue and operation budgets| and provides
• Develops menus which drive sales.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.|
generating proposal| writing contract| customer correspondence).
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of
the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property
leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Ensures successful performance by increasing revenues| controlling expenses
and providing a return on investment for the owner and the company.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts effectively with sales| kitchen| vendors| competitors| local
community| catering associations and other hotel departments in order to
ensure guest satisfaction.
• Executes and supports the company’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and
loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and
during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the
appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their
expectations| while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
• Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service
expectations; serve the customer by understanding their business| business
issues and concerns| to offer better business solution both prior to| and
during the program/event.
• Develops a close working relationship with operations to ensure execution of
strategies at the hotel level.
• Performs other duties| as assigned| to meet business needs.