Job Number 19000PPQ
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach| Singapore| Singapore
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Entry level management position that focuses on successfully accomplishing the
daily objectives in the kitchen. Assists in leading staff while personally
assisting in all areas of the kitchen| including food production; purchasing
and kitchen sanitation. Position contributes to ensuring guest and employee
satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 5 years experience in the culinary| food and
beverage| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 5 years experience in the culinary|
food and beverage| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
• Performs all duties of Culinary and related kitchen area employees in high
• Oversees production and preparation of culinary items.
• Ensures employees keep their work areas clean and sanitary.
• Works with Restaurant and Banquet departments to coordinate service and
timing of events and meals.
• Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Communicates areas in need of attention to staff and follows up to ensure
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests
based on required specifications.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types| either on a regular basis or for
special guests or functions.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative
Supporting Culinary Team Activities
• Supervises daily shift operations.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs
and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures completion of assigned duties.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process| giving feedback
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions
for each position.
• Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
• Conducts training when appropriate.
• Monitors employee|s progress towards meeting performance expectations.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and
consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired
• Supports and assists with new menus| concepts and promotions for the
Restaurant outlets and Banquets.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Reports malfunctions in department equipment.
• Purchases appropriate supplies and manages food and supply inventories
according to budget.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.