Job Number 18002TL3
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The St. Regis Singapore| 29 Tanglin Road| Singapore| Singapore|
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years
ago| with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob
Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth
Avenue| St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke
service. Today| with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world| St.
Regis is a place where trends are born| boundaries are broken and guests can
simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Areas of responsibility include Restaurants/Bars and Room Service| if
applicable. Supervises daily restaurant operations and assists with menu
planning| maintains sanitation standards and assists servers and hosts on the
floor during peak meal periods. Strives to continually improve guest and
employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of
responsibility. Determines training needed to accomplish goals| then
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage|
culinary| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or
related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage| culinary| or
related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations.
Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant| bar/lounge and
room service areas.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs and
financial objectives are met.
Leading Food and Beverage Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches| mentors| or
otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Provides the leadership| vision and direction to bring together and
prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and
• Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies| standards and
procedures by training| supervising| follow-up and hands on management.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Ensures staff understands local| state and Federal liquor laws.
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensures the quality| standards and meets the
expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality| exemplifies excellent customer
service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants| sets a good
example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to
obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage| service levels and overall
• Ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with
a focus on continuous improvement.
• Manages service delivery in outlets to ensure excellent service from point
of entry to departure (e.g.| greeting from hostess| speed of order taking and
food and beverage delivery| fulfillment of special requests| collection of
payment & invitation to return).
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates| including setting
performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Identifies the educational needs of others| develops formal educational or
training programs or classes| and teaches or instructs others.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably. Strives to improve
• Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an |open door| policy and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Ensures recognition is taking place across areas of responsibility.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and
• Assists servers and hosts on the floor during meal periods and high demand
• Recognizes good quality products and presentations.
• Supervises daily shift operations in absence of Assistant Restaurant
• Oversees the financial aspects of the department including purchasing and
payment of invoices.