Job Number 19104295
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach| 30 Beach Road|
Singapore| Singapore| Singapore
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Assists in the management of all engineering/maintenance operations| including
maintaining the building| grounds and physical plant with particular attention
towards safety| security and asset protection. Assists with managing the
budget| capital expenditure projects| preventative maintenance and energy
conservation. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Assists
with leading the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the engineering and
maintenance or related professional area; technical training in
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction|
Engineering| Mechanics| or related major; no experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting with the Management of Engineering Operations and Budgets
• Assists with managing the physical plant including equipment| refrigeration|
HVAC| plumbing| water treatment and electrical systems.
• Assists with ensuring regulatory compliance to facility regulations and
• Assists with managing and controlling heat| light and power and recommends
current best methods for energy conservation and economical facility
• Assists with the development of specifications and requirements for service
contracts and administers such contracts to support building needs.
• Distributes preventive maintenance and repair work orders and monitors
timeliness and quality of completion.
• Assists with the oversight of the maintenance of grounds| guestrooms| public
space| restaurants| property vehicles and recreational facilities.
• Assists with the development of a long term plan for preventative
maintenance and asset protection and overseeing execution of plan.
• Assists with the development of project plans in accordance with renovation
or new construction needs.
• Coordinates with contractors for bids and construction to ensure timely
completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
• Builds positive relationships with external customers such as city
building/zoning department| fire prevention bureau and vendors.
• Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures| equipment
• Performs monthly property inspection to ensure buildings and grounds are
maintained in excellent condition.
• Conducts guest room and common area inspection to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in order to
determine the type of work required.
• Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting| repair
work| renovations| and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Selects and orders or purchases new equipment| supplies| and furnishings.
• Manages parts and equipment inventory.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Ensures building and equipment licenses and certifications are current.
• Maintains property life safety systems (fire fighting equipment| sprinkler
systems and alarm systems).
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality| exemplifying excellent customer
service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Reviews comment cards| guest satisfaction results and other data to identify
areas of improvement.
• Shares plans with property leadership and ensures corrective action is taken
to continuously improve guest satisfaction.
• Strives to improve service performance.