Job Number 20015082
Job Category Loss Prevention & Security
Location Le Meridien Singapore| Sentosa| 23 Beach Road| Singapore|
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Le Meridien| we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and
engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and
creative| cosmopolitan| culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated|
timeless service. We provide original| chic and memorable service and
experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for
curious| creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate
connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected
experiences| we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Meridien.
Assists in the management of the daily functions of the department to provide
protection of property assets| employees| guests and property. Maintains logs|
certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating
Procedures. Assists in the training of staff in established emergency
procedures and implements accident and fire prevention procedures. Promotes
guest and employee satisfaction while achieving the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the security/loss
prevention or related professional area
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or
related major; 1 year experience in the security/loss prevention or related
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
• Assists in conducting hazard and risk assessments at the property to include
quarterly OSHA/SAFETY audits| incident tracking| and the hazard abatement
• Complies with applicable federal| state and local law and safety
• Maintains logs| certifications and documents required by law and Standard
• Supervises and reviews initial incident investigations and promote a timely
responses for all reported incidents.
• Follows proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the
• Assists with promotion and implementation of accident and fire prevention
• Incorporates into patrols| which encompass all areas of the property|s
interior and exterior| an inspection tour of recording system.
• Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would
impair the well being of guests and employees.
• Handles complaints| settles disputes| and resolves grievances and conflicts|
or otherwise negotiates with others.
• Promotes action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Oversees all loss prevention operations to include but not limited to patrol
process| emergency response| investigations (initial and follow up) for all
guest and employee related incidents| shipping and receiving process (makes
recommendations for improvement)| electronic key system and manager on duties
• Assists with first aid program for guests and employees.
• Assists with the claims process and protects company assets by closely
monitoring the General Liability and Worker|s Compensation cases.
• Works closely with Meeting Planners to facilitate a successful and safe
experience for guests.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews| selects and trains employees.
• Appraises employee’s productivity and efficiency for the purpose of
recommending promotions or other changes in status.
• Provides for the safety and security of the employees or the property.
• Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
• Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to
Standard Operating Procedures.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Meets quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
• Identifies the educational needs of others| develops formal educational or
training programs or classes| and teaches or instructs others.
• Inspects and critiques the performance of the loss prevention department to
establish and maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Develops liaison with local law enforcement and emergency services.
• Informs and/or updates executives| peers and subordinates on relevant
information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone| in written
form| e-mail| or in person.