Job Number 20032889
Job Category Loss Prevention & Security
Location Courtyard Singapore Novena| 99 Irrawaddy Road Novena| Singapore|
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
With more than 330 managed locations in more than 20 countries Courtyard by
Marriott offers a refreshing environment that helps guests stay connected and
balanced. Working at Courtyard| you|ll ensure guests have a smooth| productive
stay that meets their personal and business needs. Find Your World™ at
Courtyard by Marriott.
Manages security/loss prevention operations on a daily basis. Areas of
responsibilities include protection of property assets| employees| guests and
property| accident and fire prevention and response. Ensures that all areas of
the property are safe and secure. Maintains logs| certifications and documents
required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Strives to continually
improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial
performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the security/loss
prevention or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related
major; 2 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
• Assists in the development and implementation of emergency procedures.
• Conducts investigation of all losses of property assets and refers to proper
management for disposition.
• Deploys security staff to effectively monitor and protect property assets.
• Comply with all Corporate Loss Prevention safety and security management
guidelines and procedures.
• Conduct periodic patrols of entire property and parking areas.
• Recognize success across areas of responsibility.
• Handles complaints| settling disputes| and resolving grievances and
conflicts| or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Identifies and makes recommendations for minimizing physical hazards and
unsafe work practices.
• Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Maintains required reports and documentation regarding patrols of property
and parking areas.
• Provides means for obtaining necessary medical attention on a timely basis.
Leading Security/Loss Prevention Teams
• Attends pre- and post-convention and weekly forecast meetings to understand
group needs and gather critical information to communicate to Loss Prevention
• Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures| detailing procedure codes|
ensuring employee understanding of safety codes| monitoring processes and
procedures related to safety.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching| mentoring| or
otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates| including setting
performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Provides personal assistance| medical attention| emotional support| or other
personal care to others such as coworkers| customers| or patients.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an |open door| policy and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality| exemplifies excellent customer
service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Meet quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
• Incorporates guest safety and satisfaction as a component of departmental
meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Assists in minimizing cost of accident claims through aggressive claims
• Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
• Completes proper documentation and reports all employee accident and general
liability incidents to Claims Reporting Service.
• Conducts hourly employee performance appraisals according to Standard
• Complete disciplinary procedures and documentation according to Standard and
Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review
• Administer property policies fairly and consistently.
• Maintain first aid and CPR certifications required for Loss Prevention
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Identifies the educational needs of others| developing formal educational or
training programs or classes| and teaching or instructing others.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and
• Develops and maintains a working relationship with local law enforcement
• Informs and/or updates the executives| the peers and the subordinates on
relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.